Protect Wilson from the mean bots of the World's Edge in this small arcade game.
This game was initially made in three days for LÖVE Jam 2018. You can find the original jam version in the downloads section.
How to play
There is an interactive in-game tutorial, but here is a short break-down of the game mechanics:
- Protect the core in the centre against incoming bullets.
- Use the paddles to catch bullets. A bullet can only be caught with a paddle of the same colour.
- Each time you catch a bullet, the paddles swap colours.
- Each time you catch a bullet, you can also fire one bullet back. You can't hit enemies directly -- instead, aim for the thin hitpoints at the edge of the circle. A hitpoint can only be damaged by a bullet of the same colour.
- Over time, the game will shrink, and you will need to react faster.
- Each time a bullet reaches the core, one of its rings will be destroyed.
The game is over when all rings are destroyed.
- Once all enemy hitpoints are destroyed, you move on to the next level.
Control the paddles with [A]/[D] and [left]/[right]
Fire bullets with [W] and [up]
[ESC] to pause / quit
The circular font is based on @Managore's m3x6 font.
Tweening uses Kikto's excellent neonate.lua.